Here is a recipe to make a classic Tequila Sunrise:
- 2 oz. Tequila
- 4 oz. Orange juice
- ¾ oz. Grenadine syrup
- Orange slice (for garnish)
- Maraschino cherry (for garnish)
- Fill a highball glass 2/3 full with ice.
- Pour the Tequila into the glass.
- Add the orange juice and stir thoroughly.
- Slowly pour the grenadine syrup in the center of the glass over a spoon, so that it sinks to the bottom creating a layered effect.
- Garnish with an orange slice and a maraschino cherry.
- Use a long stirrer or straw and gently swirl the ingredients from the bottom of the glass to the top, then enjoy your perfectly crafted Tequila Sunrise.
Variations on this recipe may include replacing the orange juice with pineapple juice and the addition of a bit of lime juice. This cocktail is perfect for sipping by the pool or at a beach party with its beautiful, vibrant sunrise colors gradually moving through the glass. Cheers!